Wednesday 1 April 2015

MY HEART JUST DOESN'T ACHE FOR YOU

Dear Fiona, when I’m with you, I’m happy, I’m at peace, I remember how we could talk for hours on end about stupid things such as One Direction and the amount of milk you put in your cereal. However, things changed when I really looked at you, I saw your eyes, and for a moment they scared me, they glowed like the sun stood right behind them. I saw your smile, so natural and so beautiful, whenever I said a joke, that smile popped up and for a moment it scared me.  The way you held my hand, so tight, as if you didn't ever want to let go, I looked and our interlocking fingers and it scared me.

Dear Fiona, the past year has been surely the best year of my life, we have traveled and seen new places, I have learnt things about you and especially about myself that I really didn't know. You remember the day you introduced me to eggs, I thought I would never eat eggs but after tasting your fried egg i guess now I am more of a poultry virtuoso. To say I regret would be mendacious of me. As a writer, I think I have the unique gift of introspection, always thinking, always analyzing deep into my subliminal mind. I don’t know if I love you, but loving is different from being loved.


Dear Fiona, I thank you for being part of my stories. As a person, you were very stubborn, always pressuring me to write more and more. Thank you for reading all my work, I remember sending you 30 emails and you managed to read them all in one night. That’s the kind of support that keeps a man’s dreams alive. However, I surely cannot say you complete me, because writing does that me. Nonetheless, you have done much more than I could ask for. From the day I meet you at a poetry slam I was sure, you were the one. Maybe in another world, maybe you actually are, but for now, I will be a loyal friend and let go of your hand, I will look away from your eyes, but i will always remember that smile, it scares me but deep down, my heart just does not ache for you anymore. Bye Fiona.


No comments:

Post a Comment