Wednesday 27 November 2013

MY ILLUSION

So I recently struggled to set up a blog account and finally I have it. I am so excited since I really cannot shut up so I'll just write about. The other day i was bored as I headed home on a train and I had a silly silly illusion. take a look.

Standing in the middle of the road, hands on my slim hips. Today I feel skinny, no, I am already skinny, I feel super-skinny. I smile to myself knowing that the skinny ones beat the paradox of 'bigger is better' and are better off in society.

Oh, yes! Still standing in the middle of the road, cars pass by and I feel a layer of dust forming on my already dark skin.

A lady in a BMW X-6 is on her phone while driving. She is in a hurry probably to the spa and she has just the car. Come to think of it, I am also in a hurry. However, I have to hope for a Good Samaritan to Stop and let me cross this road. Actually, not even stop but slow down and give me the illusion of a safe passage.

The lady puts the pedal to the medal and speeds up. In six seconds she would have covered a mile, in three seconds I would have covered one and a half feet. The math does not add up.

I glance to my left and get the long awaited illusion. I decide to cross the road. My right foot touches the asphalt and I get that chill. The chill that I am an immigrant in foreign territory. Creatures moving here are much faster than humans. Then, as if a weird twist of fate, we meet somewhere in the middle. Not me and the lady, but me and the creature. The beautifil creature pouncing on my stymie body.

I'm quite sure  am dead but remember all along it has been my illusion.

1 comment: